“I want to help, but I can’t foster a cat or dog.”
We Need You!
As an AWLFC volunteer:
- You have the opportunity to help educate pet owners about responsible pet care, including the importance of neutering and spaying to end overpopulation.
- You have the ability to provide love and care for needy cats and dogs through our foster care program.
- You have the ability to help Frederick’s residents to get access to proper and affordable veterinary care for their pets.
You are presented with these and many other opportunities to give of your time, energy, and talents to support the AWLFC’s mission. Get started by and apply now!
Fundraising Event Support
We need people to assist in the planning and running of each event as well as volunteers to help the day of.
Planned 2022 fundraisers
- Plant sale (April or May)
- Community yard sale (summer)
- 5K (summer)
- Paw Crawl/K9 in the Vines (fall)
- Drag bingo
- Scavenger hunt
Public Relations and Fund-Raising Support
AWLFC strives to raise public awareness of animal welfare issues within our community. Ongoing activities include community outreach at local events and advertising of special events, etc.
Volunteers are needed to assist with writing articles, distribution of materials, and other related activities. Volunteers are also needed to assist with research about grants and grant-writing. AWLFC is also looking for volunteers to contact businesses for corporate sponsorships for memberships and for special events.
In October 2009, the AWLFC opened a new office and small adoption center at 1202 East Patrick Street, Suite 13A, in the Eastgate Shopping Center.
- Weekend office hours for Food Bank, cat meet & greets, etc.
- Weekly cleaning – vacuum and mop floor, light dusting, clean bathroom
- Cat Care (when needed) In the spring we are hoping to add more adoptable cats.
- Washing, folding and putting away laundry (towels and blankets)
- Digitizing certain paperwork and documents (office guide, voicemail guide, etc.)
We are currently in need of a volunteer to coordinate Friends Helping Felines (FHF)
The Friends Helping Felines (FHF) Program was created to help give people the means to spay and neuter homeless cats and kittens and place them in forever homes at those times when the Animal Welfare League’s foster program is filled to capacity. FHF participants will have access to reduced rates for routine veterinary care, including spay or neuter and rabies vaccination.